Voices from the Past

This forum is open to all of the villagers of Trelawnyd past and present


I would like for them to share their memories, old photographs, family histories and past Village news with me so that I may be able to present a comprehensive record of this small. ancient and facinating Welsh Village Community throughout the ages.


All photographs will be returned after being scanned and published

For those that want to read a comprehensive study on the History of Trelawnyd, please refer to the Book "TRELAWNYD PAST & PRESENT" by Daphne and Ken Davies

The Village Flower Show Blog can be viewed at

http://trelawnydflowershow.blogspot.com/
and my personal Village based blog can be seen at

http://disasterfilm.blogspot.com/

Best Wishes

John Gray

Trelawnyd 571838


Email : jgsheffield@hotmail.com
Many thanks to the following citizens of Trelawnyd for their conributions so far:
Mrs Gwyneth Jones, Mrs Gladys Jones, Mrs Olwenna Hughes, Mr Trevor Evans, Mr Hubert Evans, Mrs Bryn, Davies, Mr Islwyn Thomas, Mrs Pat Bagguley, Mrs Joanne Hewitt, Mrs Beryl Evans, Mrs Daphne Jones, Mrs Audrey Jones,Mr Basil Davies, Miss Mona Davies, Mr Graham Jones. Mrs Iola Endres

Rene Hancock (nee Jones)

This morning I recieved this following email and contribution for the blog
I hope this kind genture will galvanise more offers of help, there are so many old stories that deserve to be heard

ps Can anyone tell me who the rather frightening guy is on the right and what an earth he was dressed as?
"Hello John,
I am Rene Hancock, Gladys Jones' daughter.
I have found the Trelawnyd blog a joy to read as it is my history. I have some photos here which you may find interesting. The first one is taken at the 1953 carnival . The man in the pram is " Emrys the Black", my father Bob Railway is wearing the suit and his brother my uncle Ned is carrying the potty. I do not remember the other two but I am sure that there are many people who will remember.
I have here at home photos from the pantomimes that we used to do in the 1960's , next time I am at my mothers, which wont be till July  I shall bring them over as there is no room  for me to send to you electronically.
Carry on the good work it is wonderful
 Rene"

3 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious now about the person with the mask and dark costume! Hope you find out what he was portraying! Love black and white photos!

    ReplyDelete